Friday, November 9, 2012

piqued interest in intermittent fasting

I've recently heard about intermittent fasting as a new health trend.  I've read a bit about it, but there doesn't seem to be any defined structure except go for a large chunk of the day not eating and then eat during a small window of time. 

I like this, because it seems to simplify life: just one healthy meal a day.  It's a time savings.  I haven't tried intermittent fasting, yet, but it made an impression on me that going hungry for a few hours might be OK.

I ate under my calorie floor yesterday and ended up losing 1 pound. I think I was able to to do this because I let my body go hungry for a little longer than it was comfortable doing.  I've decided that I want to try doing this a little bit more frequently - let myself experience hunger.

PLUS, fasting is a spiritual discipline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment