Monday, August 6, 2012

Starting a diet. Discipline! FOCUS!!

I'm a chronic dieter.  But this time, I really will meet my goals.  I'm writing this blog because to keep an informal eating and exercise notebook.  For now, my goal is to eat between 1100 and 1400 calories / day.  If I exercise, I can eat more based on the # of extra calories I burned . To help, I'm using the following apps:
  • LoseIt! - to log my food and beverage intake and calories burned
  • Nike Training Club - amazing interval training app
  •  C25K (free) - gets me off my butt and doing cardio
I've also become a big fan of the following YouTube channels:
  • blogilates - amazing blog and lady.  I'm trying to exercise according to her workout calendar
  • Bexlife - one tough lady.
Both channels offer free exercise videos.
 
Today's calorie consumption: 1430 Cal
Exercise calories burned: 232 Cal
  • NTC 15 minute ab burner
    • hardest move - Russian twist with a 6 lb. medicine ball.  Dagh, halfway through round 3, I had to let go of the ball.
  • C25K week 2 day 5 - jogged at 5.3 mph.  Walked at 3.9 mph.  Max heart rate was 169.
  • One-Minute Challenge: Introducing Pilates Bootcamp With Cassey Ho!  .  I love blogilates.  On a scale from 1-5, 5 being difficult, this is a 1.
  • Day 1 of One hundred pushups.  This one's a doozy.  You can track my progress here.  I'm doing pushups on knees, btw, because I once had a trainer watch me do normal pushups and suggested I do the easier form.  Maybe I should've started with something less challenging and that involves less commitment.

 Also, one day, I will start this core challenge, but not today:
24 day Core Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment