Friday, August 31, 2012

C25K Week 5 Day 2


Calorie Summary
Calories consumed: 1793
Calories exercised: 365
Net calories: 1428

Exercise Summary

  • C25K Week 5 day2
  • Hundred pushups week 4 day 2.  Today was so hard.  I broke out in sweat while doing pushups.  Check my progress here.
  • Bodyrock Sexy Satisfaction workout
Went to Fidelity and Costco.  Learned my lesson from last time: avoid the free cookies at Fidelity.  Be mindful with the free food at Costco. As a result, I did not go overboard with my snacking.

I woke up early to go jogging (i.e. 6 AM early).  Week 5 of C25k is very daunting because the whole program, I've had a chance to take walk breaks.  Suddenly, on day 3, I need to run for 20 minutes straight.  Well, today, I ran for 8, walked for 5, and ran for 8 more.  The first 8 minutes were no sweat.  I was almost dying the last 8 minutes.  It wasn't muscle fatigue.  It's more like serious huffing and puffing.  I wonder if this is an indication that my V02 max can use improvement.  Although I am quite pleased with my running pace today (10:36 mile), one of my goals in life is to run an under 10 minute mile.  To do so, I'm thinking I need to improve V02 max, which can be done by sustaining a fast run for 2-5 minutes as indicated by this Runner's World article, which is what I did today.  I think what this article is saying is that I need to push myself for a sustained period of time.  Now, I have no idea how I'm going to do on Saturday, when I need to run for 20 minutes, but I hope today's 8 minute of sustained V02max will help me have more endurance.

I started doing the Sexy Satisfaction workout.  I actually completed two rounds.  I don't know why I quit.  Actually, yes I do.  This workout is filled with pushups.  The press and kick is pretty tough.  I think I'm going to try again today.  After attempting 2 rounds, I went to look at myself in the mirror and saw what appears to be the beginnings of a six pack trying to appear from a layer a fat. :) Weird, but cool.  I guess Bodyrock really works.

No comments:

Post a Comment