Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Training insane on the treadmill

Yesterday was weigh day but I had no intentions of going to the gym.  Therefore, I could not weigh myself.  I bit the bullet and purchased a digital scale from Amazon.  It should arrive tomorrow.  I really like my goals from last week so I will use them again.

My goals for the week are as follows:
  • Eat between 1200 and 1400 Calories / day - net
  • Drink more water
  • Choose happiness, contentment, and thankfulness
  • Be more resourceful with my time.  No internet shopping!!

Calorie consumption: 1553 Cal;
Exercise calories burned: 259 Cal
Net calories consumed: 1294 Cal

  • Couch to 5k Week 4 Day 1
  • A 10 minute ab workout from Fitness Magazine August 2008 - (there were challenging moments and there were cakewalk moments)

Since my last post, there are a few things to note:

1.  NTC is getting easier, most notably Core Crunch.
2.  I did NTC Body Sculptor yesterday.  Single Leg Clock Squats totally broke me.  I want to get better at these!
3.  Ski exercise is getting easier.  This has single leg squats which suck, too!!  I will master this because I want to be a graceful skier.
4. C25k today was amazing!!  I nearly died.  I was running pretty fast (for me): 5.2 mph.  I had the treadmill on random, and it was giving me crazy hills.  I had to slow down.  But then, the last 5 minutes, I decided to keep up with my faster pace and I kept on telling myself "mind over matter" and I kept on trying to focus on other things such as counting.  Well, I did it.  I feel proud.  If I can do it once, I can do it again.  Hopefully next time it will be a lot easier.

I have this scrapbook of workouts that are clippings from magazines.  I'm trying to go through these and figure out whether these workouts are any good.  If they aren't, then there's no need to keep them.  Well, this ab workout had highs and lows.  I think blogilates or anything on Youtube is better.  I will persist in going through my workout scrapbook though.

No comments:

Post a Comment