Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Discipline and willpower!

For Monday, September 24, 2012:

Calorie Summary

Calorie consumption: 1767 Cal;
Exercise calories burned: 420 Cal
Net calories consumed: 1347 Cal

Exercise Summary
Analyzing my dietary intake yesterday, I realize that if I eat two meals that include non-lean meat, I will be at risk of going over my calorie limit.  I had beef stew for lunch and pork ribs for dinner.  I had a victory last night.  I desperately wanted to eat more pork ribs, as this was a treat from my mother and there were still pork ribs on the table.  But then I remembered my own hints: take a break.  I kept on having soup and watching my mom eat the pork ribs.  I was so jealous.  After awhile, my fullness started to kick in but I still wanted the pork ribs.  Then my mom finished eating and I realized that it would be completely ridiculous if I just suddenly went to town on the ribs, so I walked away.  It was so hard.  There were a few things going through my head such as:
  • I want it so bad, I don't care about the consequences (it being the pork ribs)
  • You got to want it (it being healthy and fit body)
  • Dude, it's right there. So easy to just eat!
  • Just take a break.  You might go over your budget (I don't care), but you will later...
  • Everyone is eating only 3 ribs.  You don't want to be the one that eats a whole bunch!
I had 1 leftover pork rib for lunch today.  So I have learned that yes, I can walk away. Eventually, I want to get to a place where I don't have to shame myself into not eating more (re: last bullet) and can do it by being in control.

I almost jogged.  But I had an excuse and didn't. It was late and I didn't want to get bitten by mosquitoes.  I took my dad to some doctor but got home super late.  I almost didn't exercise.  But then I remembered that there were so many times in the past weeks when I didn't want to do something and just did it.  So I did NTC Core Crunch, which I haven't done in awhile.  I still can't get through it without taking breaks, but I am getting better.  I'm getting better at froggers - I can last through the whole minute.  Though after 1 minute of V-ups, it's hard for me to do 1 whole minute of full extensions.  I need to take a break. Also, the plank was super hard, too.  I took a break during planks as well.

After Core Crunch, is still was dragging my feet with exercise.  I knew that if I wanted to be within my calorie limit for the day, I needed to exercise more.  Eventually, I did the Fitness Blender ski conditioning workout, which I haven't done in awhile as well.  I think all the jumping jacks that I've done recently has strengthened my knees because I was so much better at the workout than last time.  In fact, I usually end before the last group of exercises, but today, I got through the whole workout.  The last group of exercises are brutal, but I pushed through.  I was dripping in sweat in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment