Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fitness is like marriage

Calorie Summary

Calorie consumption: 1601 Cal;
Exercise calories burned: 459 Cal
Net calories consumed: 1142 Cal

Exercise Summary

  • C25K week 5 day 3 - I did it!  The last time I ran 2 miles for exercise, I was running at a 12 minute / mile pace and was training for a 10k.  Today, I ran this at an 11 minute/mile pace.  Yowzas!!
  • ZWOW #32 - Show Me Your Strength - finished in 12:47.  The side hops were no joke.  I could not continuously jump 60 jumps like Zuzana did.  I needed occasional breathers. She did the exercises in 10.  That woman is a beast.  Then she went on to run a mile.  I ran my 2 miles before this exercise because I didn't want to risk not being able to make it.  I also took a dinner break.  Plus, it looks like she lives in a nice hilly neighborhood in LA.  I jogged in flat Houston.
  • Bexlife Fat Free Abs Workout - my abs were beat.  Don't know why I did this.
  • Yesterday, I did hundred pushups program week 4 day 3.  I barely eeked out 40 pushups at the end.  I am more comfortable doing the standard pushups but they are a lot harder than on the knees pushups.
Really happy with my eating today.  I knew that I was going to dim sum for lunch.  I had no idea how many calories that would be, but I knew that when I was there, I needed to be mindful.  I ate everything that I wanted to eat, but only ate half a turnip cake, taro cake, or bean curd sheet roll.  I also knew that I needed to exercise if I wanted to come in under my calorie limit.  I procrastinated running, but Cassey of Blogilates sent out a really great motivator to those who are signed up for her newsletter.  She had a really great picture with an illustration that read "Fitness is like marriage.  You can't cheat on it and expect it to work." She went on to say "You must stay committed. Be true yourself. And your goals, whether it be reaching a new level of fitness, living a healthier life, or sculpting the body of your dreams, will manifest."

Also, I confirmed that I want to keep elbows in during pushups by watching this workout.   It's by Turbulence Training.  If I ever go workout at the gym (which I do occasionally), I will try one of his workouts.  They seem pretty good and fun.

Finally, I decided that I will weigh in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment