Friday, September 21, 2012

slow and steady wins the race

For Thursday, September 20, 2012:

Calorie Summary

Calorie consumption: 2365 Cal;
Exercise calories burned: 204 Cal
Net calories consumed: 2161 Cal

Exercise Summary

  •  hundred pushup week 4 day 2
  • Workout below which I saw on Lish of Bodyrock's Facebook page.  I completed in 3 rounds in 21 minutes.  I think I can do it in 18, because there were moments when I was just standing there trying to catch my breath.

Photo: Happy Saturday - it's a 3 day weekend for me! Here's today's WOD!

Since I've been back from San Diego, I've been feeling malaise and tired.  I slept a lot yesterday.  I also ate more short ribs.  It's amazing that I even got the above workout in because I was definitely low energy.  BTW, this workout is no joke.  There were a few times that I thought about quitting, but I didn't because I wanted to get a workout in to burn calories.  I think I'm feeling overwhelmed by this 1.5 pound goal that I set for myself.  I've gained half a pound this week.  I would like to regroup and get myself together. I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself and am being unrealistic.  Like the title of my blog says: Slow and steady wins the race. So instead of being super aggressive, I'll take what I can get.  I am generally focused.  I exercise frequently (at least 5x / week) and I try to eat healthy (which I generally have success at).  If I keep my eye on the prize (hot bod, fitness, being able to go on adventures and keep up with peers), I should be able to make slow and steady progress.

Right now, I'm in between jobs.  I think once I get settled, I'm going to start doing weekend hikes (to meet my goal of trying to be outdoorsy).

So today, there are no more short ribs (because I ate them all.  THANK GOD!).  I have taken this 1.5 weight loss by Monday burden off my shoulder (in theory).  I should be ready to get back to basics: eat within calorie limit, exercise, have fun. 

Also, I haven't been enjoying running.  It's weird that I'm putting in the effort to meet goals (run faster) and am making progress in meeting goals, but I'm not enjoying it.  The process sucks.  I'm not getting much satisfaction out of the outcome, because I'm still dreading the next run.  I want to enjoy the process and enjoy the sense of accomplishment.  I really need to simplify.  I think I'm going too fast.  I think my short term goal should be to just run and stop judging myself based on how fast I run.  Once I can run, and running 3 miles is no sweat / walk in the park, I will begin to focus on speed.  With this in mind, today, I HAVE TO GET MY ASS OUT THE DOOR AND RUN WEEK 7 DAY 3 OF C25K!!  (but not right now.  It's freaking hot outside)

No comments:

Post a Comment