Monday, September 17, 2012

Facing the scale after a weekend wedding extravaganza

 Calorie Summary

I went to San Diego for my friend's wedding this weekend.  I intended to let myself go crazy by 1500 calories for one meal.  I didn't even last 1 hour.  My friend hosted a beach BBQ on Friday and her dad made these amazing chocolate chip cookies (best ever).  Once I had a bite of the cookie, it was game over.  I just realized that chocolate chip cookies might be a trigger food for me. For the weekend, I went 1700 calories over my budget (for 3 days).  I'd say that I did pretty good.  This takes into consideration dancing at the reception, kayaking in Mission Bay during the beach BBQ, and jogging along the ocean the morning of the wedding.

Exercise Summary

  • C25K wk 7 day 1 - Besides being able to witness 2 of my good friends get married, the highlight of my weekend was being able to drag my ass out of bed and go jogging along the beach before enjoying breakfast with friends.  I noticed that there's a lot more female joggers than male joggers.  Why is that?
  • NTC -> Get toned -> beginner -> tighten up - When I got back home today, I knew I needed to do something to mitigate the effects of the weekend. I chose a 45 minute workout.  It looked doable, and nice way to get back into the groove.  Well, I did it.
Weigh in

The first thing I did after I got home was jump on the scale.  What a freaking pleasant surprise.  I weighed the same as before I went to San Diego.  This sets me back a week, considering before the trip, I had lost 2 pounds from the week before (153.6).  I now weigh 155.6 which is the same as the last time I "officially" weighed in.

Goals for the week

I just want want to get back into the groove.
  • sleep at reasonable hour (midnight).  Wake up at reasonable hour (6 or 7)
  • eat within calorie budget

No comments:

Post a Comment